Take advantage of the new year and give your home a fresh start. We’ve compiled some of the best cleaning and organizing guides from Houzz, room by room, to help you start off the year with a clean slate.
Kitchen. Whether your refrigerator needs a good scrubbing, your drawers need to be reorganized or your pantry needs a complete overhaul, we've got you covered. Get your kitchen spick-and-span and ready for family dinners and parties all through the new year.
1. Organize Your Kitchen Drawers
2. Clean Out the Pantry
3. Spring Clean Your Kitchen
4. 24 Hot Ideas for Stashing Spices
Bathroom. Even for those lucky enough to have a massive master bathroom, it can be hard to pinpoint what needs organizing in this part of the house. Usually the mess hides — under the sink, in the medicine cabinet or in the towel bin. Keep those tucked-away spaces tidy too with these bathroom organizing guides.
5. Organize the Bathroom for Well-Earned Bliss
6. Bathroom Storage: Where to Keep the Towels
7. 8 Easy Tips for an Organized Bathroom
Home office. My home office consists of a small desk and file cabinet in my bedroom, but somehow it still ends up a stressful mess of old bills, broken staplers and pens without ink. It’s easy to let all the paper and projects become overwhelming. Jump-start your year jump with a revamp of your home office.
8. 5 Ways to Organize Your Home Electronics
9. Avoid the Great Paper Pileup
10. How to Organize Your Home Office
11. Organizing the Office: Inspiring Shelves and Cabinets
Living room. The living room often combines several spaces — a media area, a playspace and a dining room, to name a few. Get the craziness of your living room under control by determining your plan of attack: Choose one corner or part of your living room to tackle per week. These ideabooks can help you get started.
12. Organize the Media Cabinet
13. Lose It: CDs, DVDs, Cassettes and VHS Tapes
14. How to Hide Your TV Cables
15. How to Style Your Bookcase
Closet. Everyone has a fantasy closet space. Get a step closer to yours by tackling your closet this January. You might not be able to upgrade your closet's square footage, but you can upgrade its (and your) style.
16. Best Storage Secrets for Clothes
17. 8 Pretty, Practical Jewelry Organizing Ideas
18. 10 Elements of the Perfect Closet
19. Get Organized: Let Your Shoes Shine
Garage and basement. You might have one or both, but odds are either your garage or basement has caused you some organizational stress. Get rid of the junk forever with these guides to decluttering and reorganizing the garage and basement.
20. Lose That Old Sports Equipment
21. 6 Garage Organizing Tips That Really Work
22. 8 Tips for a Supremely Organized Winter Garage
23. 12 Tips for Supremely Organized Basement Storage
Kids' bedroom and playroom. Invest a little time arranging your child's bedroom or playspace, and you may save yourself a lot of time picking up their toys and junk later. Organizing children's spaces isn't just about making them look good — you need to make sure the kids know how to keep them neat and tidy, too.
24. 5 Ways to Keep Toys Tidy
25. Organize a Kids' Closet Lickety-Split
26. Smart Back-to-School Storage: Wicker Baskets
27. Corral Kids' Books
Laundry room. Keep your laundry room from becoming a chaotic clothes-filled free-for-all, and aim for a pleasant space to clean clothes instead. Simple works better for this room — and you can get a surprisingly soothing laundry room of your own with these guides.
28. Make a Clean Break With Laundry Chaos
29. 6 Ways to Care for Your Washing Machine
30. How to Give Your Laundry a Boost